How often should duct system be cleaned ?
Frequency of cleaning depends on several factors, not the least of which is the preference of the home owner.
Some of the things that may lead a home owner to consider more frequent cleaning include:
- Smokers in the household
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Water contamination or damage to the home or AC system
- Residents with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants in the home’s HVAC system
- After home renovations or remodeling
- Prior to occupancy of a new home.